Steve Smith and David Warner stepped out in Australia colours for the first time since the ball-tampering scandal on Monday.
The star duo, named in their nation’s Cricket World Cup squad last month, took to the field for an Australia XI against a New Zealand XI in a warm-up match.
Both are set to bat at number three and four respectively in Brisbane.
The pair were handed 12-month bans for their roles in the ball-tampering scandal in South Africa in March last year.
While all eyes were on Steve and Warner, it was Pat Cummins starring, taking two early wickets against an understrength New Zealand. Australia is playing their 1st WC warm-up game against the Kiwis.
Smith and Warner can handle the criticism – Langer
Australia coach Justin Langer backed Smith and Warner to deal with everything thrown at them at the CWC and Ashes.
Steve and Warner were both named in Australia’s 15-man squad for the Cricket World Cup, which begins on May 30.
Though that incident is likely to ensure the pair are targeted by opposition supporters. Langer said Smith and Warner can handle the criticism.
“I think there’s going to be plenty of spotlight on the whole team,” he told news conference on Friday.
Vivo Live Cricket